Founded in 2018, 12.0 Contemporary is an artistic, cultural and educational platform that is situated in Islamabad, Pakistan. The platform offers gallery space and residency program ‘Project12.0’ to interdisciplinary artists, thinkers and cultural operatives for art mediation as its core activity.
12.0 Contemporary aims to explore, strengthen and popularize contemporary arts in Pakistan through combination of artistic and interdisciplinary projects, solo and thematic group exhibitions, seminars and workshops. The platform also generate educational activities and programs for knowledge production in relation to social development of society. 12.0 Contemporary offers publication and communication platform, collection of data on Pakistani and South Asian contemporary arts.
Goals and Objectives
- The goals of activities at 12.0 Contemporary are to promote and patronize contemporary artistic practices that highlight socio-cultural and geographical issues with the geographical scope of the artistic, cultural and educational activities in Pakistan and abroad.
- The platform focuses on the production of art and publication in the field of the contemporary arts.
- 12.0 Contemporary encourages national and international artist’s perspective through its support in form of residency program Project12.0, that contributes to the development of artistic practices and contemporary art discourse in Pakistan as well as internationally.
- 12.0 Contemporary works in collaboration with curators, galleries, museums, cultural organizations and art fairs.
- 12.0 Contemporary has a focus on realization of educational activities through workshops and seminars.
- 12.0 Contemporary aims to collect and preserve contemporary art works.
- 12.0 Contemporary provides consultancy services in the field of art, exhibition production and education.
12, Hospital Blvd, Sector A, DHA Phase II
G.T. Road, Islamabad, 44000. Pakistan
Phone: +92 51 491 81 05
Mobile: +92 315 5393342